Calling all nomads to take the #plasticfreenomad challenge
The time for awareness-raising is over, it’s time for action!
But how to tackle the plastic challenge as a traveller, sailor, vagabond, living a nomadic life where the only constant is there is no constant? Where travelling with glass jars and buying in bulk are not really options?
Here I’ll share plastic-free nomad hacks from my +10 years of nomad life lessons, explorations and investigations that can help you tackle plastic in your nomad live and beyond!
Step by step we will climb a (plastic-free) mountain – and sail a plastic-free ocean!
The whole plastic challenge can be overwhelming. Key focus is: simplify! It doesn’t have to be hard. It’s doesn’t have to be perfect. To make substantial changes it can be simple, sweet and sustainable. None of it is rocket science. It’s often simply a change in thinking, preparation and anticipation. Be prepared for the unexpected!
Challenge yourself and your friends. Share your wins this month to inspire your friends how simple changes can really make a difference!
- Share your wins with #PLASTICFREENOMAD on the socials so we can cheer each other to a cleaner sea.
- Conscious gift ideas for ocean lovers, adventurers, nomads, sailors, van-lifers, and travellers
- Review Maunawai Kini – Portable Water Purification Solution
- 5 portable water filtration solutions to bring on your sailing charter or campervan trip
- What can you do? The 7 R’s: Rethink-Refuse-Reduce-Re-choose-Repair-Reuse-Recycle
- How to make DIY Natural Sunscreen | Simple, Quick & Easy
- Biodegradable sunscreen for a healthy ocean and healthy you. What to know? What to choose?
- Why is plastic a problem? How big is the problem? & What is actually plastic?
- How to make your own toothpaste? Healthy, Cheap, Available and Zero Waste
- What’s in my zero waste travel kit?
- 10 cheap, light & plastic-free travel drinkwater filtration solutions. Rethink the water you drink!
- Plastic & Chemical free shampoo and soap ideas for travelling
- Make positive ocean impact with your Flip Flops. Flip the Flop!
- Ban the plastic bag – What can you do?
- Hack the ‘disposable’ plastic cup
- Plastic FREE Nomad Action Tips!
- Humans love to suck: glass, steel and bamboo alternatives to plastic straws
- Travel packing for the planet: What’s in my eco friendly travel kit?
PLASTICFREENOMAD action hacks !