FIRST MATE Ocean Adventure Travel & Conservation Media | theOceanpreneur.com
I’m looking for a first mate to help me grow theOceanpreneur.com to better assist the dreamers, do-ers and adventure-seekers for ocean adventure travel and contributing to ocean conservation. This is an ideal position for someone looking to learn about the digital nomad lifestyle, expand their skills and driven to make a difference. You’ll make a significant contribution to my ocean conservation mission, social business, and accordingly to a healthier ocean.
theOceanpreneur is a social business aspiring to protect the Ocean through inspiration, information, and empowerment for action and ocean adventure travel. I make splashes but to really make an impact we must make waves. I need more hands on deck to implement the ideas. Are you up for a challenge?
I would like to focus on what I can do best: sailing, exploring, and creating content on the ocean adventures and conservation discoveries. To do that more, and better, I need more hands on deck and support in other areas. This includes:
- Formatting text into ready to publish posts (with pictures, tags, and SEO optimized blogs)
- Help with migrating and optimizing posts from OceanXploration.com & DestinationXploration.com
- Support with creating posts and pages
- Optimizing categories, tags, descriptions, meta-tags.
- SEO Optimization
Marketing & PR
- Social Media
- Schedule Facebook and Instagram posts
- Organize and manage Social Media
- Help develop Youtube Strategy
- Create cool marketing materials (Social Media headers, Pinterest pins, infographics, posters, stickers)
- Research trends, keywords, influencers, partners, articles, and anything as needed
- Optimize Affiliate marketing
- Email marketing (support with campaigns and automation)
- Set up sales funnels, goals in Google Analytics.
- Monitoring and measuring impact and adjust course
- Handling PR requests and outreach
- Networking & building partnerships (& real ships – future project ;))
- Facebook Group Admin (‘Atlantic Ocean Crew’ Caribbean Sailing Crew Pacific Sailing Crew And Med Sailing Crew) and (Ocean Nomads).
- Support with event organization (Book launch, meet-ups, film screenings, Expeditions and Sailing Trips)
- Answer community questions
Establish and maintain partnerships
Organization & Administration
- Find funding
- As needed
This is a dynamic position and sails will be adjusted as we go. If we see something that doesn’t work, we change tack until we’re on course.
“Let’s do it and it can be done” DRIVE + MINDSET!
- Passionate and enthusiastic about everything ocean & sustainability
- Super positive attitude
- Have a computer and connection to Wifi
- Entrepreneurial, action orientated, creative, resourceful, organized, independent, communicative, self-motivated, efficient, and pro-active.
Helpful skills and experience:
WordPress, SEO, Social Media Savvy, Graphic design, Travel, English grammar, Email marketing, google analytics.
6 – 10 hours per week with lots of room to grow and become more involved and eventually earn money.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an adventurous endeavour with a cause.
- You will be taught the ropes in areas of your interest and develop skills that can help you sustain a nomadic lifestyle.
- Gain insights in all areas of my work and nomad lifestyle
- You can receive mentorship and insights in digital nomad lifestyle design.
- You can work from anywhere
- Free advice on boat hitchhiking and ocean adventure travel
- Lots of room for your creative input
Are you up for the challenge?
Contact me with ‘hands on deck’ in the email subject. I’d love to hear from you (in which ever way you like to express yourself: photo, video, or writing):
- Why you would like to be on board
- What makes you a great mate for this digital ship
- How you would consider tackling the challenges of this versatile role
- What you would like to gain/learn/develop.
Include your CV/Linkedin and link to a social media profile.
I’m welcoming intern, volunteer and paid proposals. Don’t apply if you’re looking for serious money-based income. You must be in it for the other benefits. Initially, this position will be voluntary. We can surely work out a win/win. If you’re specifically skillful and interested in helping out with one facet (e.g. Youtube, Community, SEO optimization, email marketing), I also would love to hear from you. Ahoy! Suzanne
[/av_textblock] [/av_one_full][av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” admin_preview_bg=”]
See more opportunities[/av_textblock]