My new go-to water filtration system at the moment for in the campervan is the Maunawai substructure system. It has a capacity of 10-12 months or 10,000 litres of water. However, if the water is very dirty, it may be necessary to replace it sooner.
In general, the filter removes all pollutants from the water, whether heavy metals, medication residues, hormones, pesticides, etc.
I never have to buy a bottle of water again.
I can highly recommend it to fellow campervan nomads, sailors, and anyone who is looking for a better quality of water and eliminating their plastic consumption. It ticks all the boxes:
- It makes water from the tank and taps (and rain and rivers) potable. Not just purified, but mineralized!
- Small and easy to install (light and not too bulky)
- The water filtration system can cater to a couple of people.
- Not too time consuming to produce drinkable water
- As local, ethical, and responsibly produced as possible by a little European-based family business.